Members of our Personal Injury Team are highly regarded for their work in industrial disease law. Our barristers regularly work at the forefront of this area and have extensive experience across all forms of industrial disease work, with asbestos and mesothelioma claims being a particular area of expertise.
Recent cases have included:
- Cape Intermediate Holdings Ltd v Dring  UKSC 38 – Successfully acted on behalf of Asbestos Victims Forum in a case concerning access to documents used in a trial and the right to make them public
- Acting on behalf of claimants in a Group Action claim for coke oven workers
- Acting on behalf of a group of claimants exposed to dust from a huge overseas opencast mine
- Acted on behalf of a claimant who was exposed to asbestos that was brought into her home on the clothing of her partner
- Pearce v Secretary of State  EWHC 2009 (QB) – Successfully acted on behalf of claimants in Group Action claim for coke oven workers despite limitation having expired in 1980s
- Dryden v Johnson Matthey plc  2 WLR 1109  UKSC 18 – Successfully represented workers exposed to chemicals who became sensitised but suffered no symptoms as they were then removed from their jobs
- Baker v British Gas Services Ltd and J&L Electrics (Lye) Ltd  EWHC 2302 (QB)
We understand that when acting for claimants, funding by conditional fee will be the norm. In all cases, we focus on effective communication and a partnership approach with our clients.
Our team handles all cases in a robust but sensitive manner and is always aware of the wider repercussions for the individual employee.